Friday, September 7, 2012

Local Resources

Have had a wonderful time last Thursday looking for my ancestors. We started off by meeting up at the Panmure Cemetery where the rain went away for a short while and the sun popped up to enable us to take some photos for our book. Then onto the Terang Family History Group's wonderful research library. So many things to look through and so much information to work my way through now that I am back home. One resource that I have not seen anywhere else before was a series of folders with funeral programmes in them. A truly wonderful resource. It was sad though to see that so many familiar faces have passed on. The beauty of these programmes is that most these days have a photo of the deceased printed on them. Burial and school records also got a close scrutiny. This was followed up by a quick trip home to spend the night with the folks before heading to a dynamic Professional Development session on Dyslexia and the ways in which we can assist students in classrooms to make their learning easier and less stressful. I learned so much about what can be done to help, most worthwhile.

On the way home I managed a short stop at the Hexham Cemetery and then onto the Caramut Cemetery where I almost got blown away. Luckily the rain held off although it was hard to hold the camera steady. I am sure the sheep at Caramut thought I was completely mad, they enjoyed watching me battle the elements though....

No comments:

Post a Comment