Saturday, August 25, 2012

IPad Dictaphone

Now that I am learning how to drive my Ipad properly, I thought I could make use of the Dictaphone feature to save heaps of time typing. Good in theory but in reality unless you have a deep male voice, forget it. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't listen. Sadly when I asked my children to say exactly the same thing I did, the thing listened dutifully and reproduced their conversations faithfully. However when we read it the obituary of Robert Bennett, it chose to ignore most of the words. According to my wonderful IPad instead of being industrious and hardworking, he was in Russia and far herding!! The only thing that I said that it managed to get right was the spelling of one of my sons names. Mind you it did try for some of the more harder words, had no trouble with unimpeachable....even managed Panmure cemetery without incident but poor old Terang well we had tow rang, toe ring, too wrang just to name a few. Ipad Dictaphone for entertainment
Yes but for transcribing records, maybe not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment